Sunday, November 2, 2008

I've decided

It's been a rough political century. Oh. You say they've only been campaigning for the past two years? It feels like a century. I guess that's just the age of John McCain.
Well after much back and forth over which liar would best serve our country, and after epiphany after epiphany of who to vote for, I announce that I will be voting for. . .
EL VEZ! The Mexican Elvis. He wears sparkly pantsuits, sings "I ain't nothing but a Chihuahua" and advocates that Mexico be given statehood. Todos of our problemas will be bueno with El Vez. What more could you want? (Except maybe a viable healthcare plan, term limits on every office, an economic solution where they don't throw money at people who have proven they don't know what to do with it, a balanced budget where they realize that if you spend more than you bring in there are going to be problems, and a solution to the war in Iraq.)
So there you have it. EL VEZ for PREZ.
I'll see you at the polls, where as Hollie said, I'll have plenty of time while waiting in line to flip flop like a politician running for president.
*I don't really know where EL VEZ stands on the issues. I just know that he rocks in his blue suede sombrero. *

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good call! Sounds like a good candidate to me!

Shauna said...

Hope you have a great voting day :)

Kandice said...

sounds great to me . . . boy am I glad that I live in a conservative state!

By the way Steph, my mom said she saw you yesterday. She said--"Stephanie married a great guy, he has a great family, and she has the cutest girls!" I have to say that I agree!

Anonymous said...

Hey, why didn't you give me heads up on EL VEZ before I voted? GmB

*MARY* said...

Don't you have to be American to run for president? That would be my only qualm with El Vez.

Natalie said...

Good idea Steph! It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings.
It was fun to see you yesterday...and Henry too! Who knew we would have our own mini reunion at church?!?

Natalie said...

One more thing....do you give blogging template tutorials? I might have to pick your brain...if you don't mind!

Shauna said...

P.S. Thanks for coming to visit my new blog! Hope to see you back again soon :) Hugs!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I voted. I voted chicken sandwiches over corn dogs to serve my kids for dinner.

And we all came away feeling like a winner.