Thursday, October 25, 2012

Coping by Buying Socks in Bulk

I am currently overwhelmed. For some reason Norah has decided to grow up. This is very unfortunate, since my plans for taking care of four children always involved her staying little and sleeping a lot. She's so uncooperative. Today she insisted on being fed at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I'm trying to think of ways to simplify so I can fit feeding myself into my schedule. Because I miss eating.
Ideas:
1. Buy 275 pairs of white socks for each child. This way I never have to match tiny socks or pretend that tiny socks match when they really don't. Why 275? Because, silly, during the summer you don't need socks.
2. Never leave home again.
3. Give up showers.
4. Return to cold cereal as a staple dinnertime food.

I always drown a little when I'm trying to incorporate a new baby into our family. It doesn't matter how many times I've done it before (or how cute and excellent the baby is). It's still hard.
The End

2 comments:

Em Russ said...

AMEN! so hard. Hang in there!

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

So True!!!! Carson is walking now and into EVERYTHING! It is making me crazy! He is so darn cute but he would be a whole lot cuter if he would stop emptying the kitchen drawers and dumping the dog food. Every stage had its joys and struggles... I just wish I didn't feel like a crazy person, I definetly feel like a crazy person!