Sunday, December 5, 2010

October isn't over yet

I finally put all the Halloween decorations away so now it's time to finish up our October happenings.

We went on a really fun trip in October over fall break. We rented a condo in the Sports Am complex with some friends and went down to St. George. We took our bikes and scooters and had a great time swimming, playing at an awesome playground, watching movies, eating good food, biking and being with friends. (Matt and Cristina, Kristin and Mark, Dunk, Eli, Mitch and Caroline and all the kids)

We didn't get to ride together but both Mike and I got in a good mountain bike ride on the Bear Claw Poppy trail. I love that trail. It is perfect for adjusting to different levels of biking. If you're awesome you can ride the Fingers of Death, if you're not so awesome, you can ride the Knuckles of Head Trauma. (okay, there's not really a part called the Knuckles of Head Trauma, but that's what I'm naming my next blog.) It's challenging, but not too challenging and you can amp it up or turn it down depending on your preference. Mike also got to go on another ride, but he can't remember what it's called.

I like to delude myself into thinking that someday the girls will enjoy doing this sort of thing too. That we will all hop onto our mountain bikes and head off for a fun ride on the trails. Then I seen them shuffling around in high heels and telling me how tired they are from walking to the mailbox and my hopes are dashed.

Cristina, Kristin and I had a great time riding.  I even rode over a huge tarantula! (I didn't squash it, I just pedaled over it and then stopped in fear about 10 feet away to gawk at it, wondering how far it could jump.)

We were having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures. I have pictures of the kids watching TV. Which they really didn't do too much of, but that's about the only time they sat still long enough for a picture. We swam a lot and I wish I had some pictures of Kenzie and Rusti playing "Fetch" with Dunk or shark. Oh well. Good times.

Why is Hannah licking her bear? I'm not sure, but I like to imagine her thoughts at this moment. 

The laptops and "what-the-heck-are-they-talking-about" conversations are inevitable when these three get together.

Naptime for Lilly and Ellie

And that's all I've got for pictures. It was really a good time. We hope this becomes a tradition.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'd like to be a part of your potential tradition! :)