Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hannah's Farm Day

We weren't sure if Farm Day would be rained out, but lucky for us the rain held off and it was just cold. Melissa's dad owns the dairy farm and they bring in a whole bunch of animals for Farm day, and we were lucky enough to get to take our little Joyschool group to see them. Hannah kept asking me if there would be three little pigs. (Yes dear and they will each build a house.)

Kate, Mialee and Hannah on the road to the farm. I must have grabbed my camera by the lens (doesn't everyone do that?) because there is a smudgy look to each picture that exactly correlates with my thumb print. I was thinking that my camera was fritzing, but really it was just me. Typical.

Cows! Hannah said, "It smells worse than stinky socks." We gave her the lowdown on manure.

In front of the baby cows.

Oh, little bunnies. Hannah wanted very badly to hold a bunny, but everytime one got near her, she freaked out if they moved at all. This one was calm enough that she finally got it in her arms. She loved it, but was still fairly terrified if it moved at all. There were bunnies, hamsters, a lamb, horses (a colt too), and the much-anticipated pigs.

After Hannah worked up her courage she held another bunny and showed it to Ellie. Ellie wanted to grab handfuls of fur and eat the bunny, but don't worry we didn't let her.  

This is how Ellie feels about real cow noises.  On the other hand, we have a song by Sandra Boyton, called "Cows," that without fail stops Ellie's crying. I swear it works 100% of the time. I know this song so well by now, that if I were tortured and lost my mind, I'm sure that I would walk around quoting the To Be Or Not To Be speech from Hamlet, interspersed with lyrics from this song. I might occasionally break into a mad tap dance routine as well. I guess that wouldn't be much different from now.

Thanks Melissa's family and Melissa for the tour. 

2 comments:

charbetrichey said...

Hannah makes a cute farm girl in her skirt. What a funny little girl (but cute none the less).
Elly doesn't look like she will ever be a farm girl. LOL

Heather Matthews said...

We found your cute mommy blog and thought you would enjoy our new website www.MommyGiggles.com.

Mommy Giggles is a site where moms submit funny pictures to share with other moms to get a giggle out of. They can either be pictures of their kids or of other hilarious “mommy moments”

We are contacting you to see if you have a funny picture that we could post – we would of course give you the credit, and also post your blog (if you want). There is also a $25 Amazon Gift card drawing to everyone who submits a photo each month.

We also would appreciate if you could spread the word about our site to other moms too!

We hope you will get a “giggle” out of our site.

Warmest Regards,

Heather Matthews & Heidi Werry

Like Us On Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommy-Giggles/180580521989697
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/MommiGiggles