Monday, April 19, 2010

Percentiles Schmercentiles

A couple weeks ago we took Kenzie and Hannah in for their "Happy Birthday, here have a shot" doctor visits.

Hannah didn't get a shot, poor girl, but Kenzie was treated to the joy of four shots. One stung like the dickens (according to her sad, heartbreaking tears), and then gave her a fever and general feeling of unwellness for the next day.

Last time I took Kenzie in for a flu shot, she told me how brave she was going to be. I didn't believe her. Then when the nurse poked her leg, Kenzie didn't even flinch. She said nothing. They were so impressed they gave her two suckers and two stickers. 

Kenzie must have a limited supply of bravery (don't we all?), because this time she trembled and feared and told me she did not want to go to Kindergarten. Because I associated Kindergarten with shots. Whoops. She survived, not quite as bravely, screaming a little and giving us that horrible, wounded look that says, "How could you do this to me?" But now she's ready for kindergarten. As soon as she completes the 27 skills on the "Is Your Child Ready?" list that I'm SURE all the other kids will have completed when they reach kindergarten.

Statistic-wise Kenzie sits at a solid 25% in both height (41.5") and weight (38 pds).

Hannah was deemed to be in the 75th percentile for height (38.5") and the 50th percentile for weight (32 pds).  When Kenzie grows out of her clothes we just hand them right to Hannah. And then Hannah refuses to wear them unless they are a dress or a skirt.

In other news, I am still pregnant. But working on not being ornery.

1 comment:

charbetrichey said...

Love those girls! I always hated it when I had to take my kids for shots. It always made me feel like the enemy.