Thursday, July 17, 2008

Marriage Tag (so late Robyn, sorry)


How long have you been married? We have been married for 6 years. But we have owned our Chevy Prism together for 7 years. :)
How old is your spouse? Mike is younger than I am, and of course that only means that I am more mature and experienced by a whole 3 months. So if I reveal his age, I reveal mine. I guess I'm not old enough to care about the age thing, so we're 29.
Who eats more? More what? I have a bad habit of eating more junk food, and Mike has a good habit of eating more vegetables. Overall, he probably eats more, but when we were dating I consistently out ate him. (I was running track at the time)

Who said I love you first? He did while we were "talking" by the pond at Weber State. I think it was June of 01. We had been dating since April. My response: "Oh. Why?"
Who is taller? Mike. He always complains about how tall the rest of his siblings are, but he is the perfect height for me.
Who sings better? At bedtime with Kenzie, we try to harmonize and both of us end up singing monotone. It really is lovely. Stop by sometime at bedtime for your own personal concert.
Who is smarter? Once upon a time, I might have claimed this, but for sure it is Mike. He says things like, "Steph, it's all a matter of trajectory," and "Do you think it has something to do with the Doppler effect?" I smile politely and try to keep up.
Who controls the T.V. remote? We haven't hooked our t.v. up yet since we moved in (2 years ago). We are total nerds. When we watch our dvds of Smallville (we are currently addicted to season 5)
, we both try to abdicate responsibility for the remote.
Whose temper is worse? Ummmm, that would definitely be me. Kenzie has started repeating, "I just can't handle this. I just can't handle it," which I am chagrined to say, is a direct quote from me.
Who does the laundry? I do. Sometimes. When it gets really bad and we're all out of clean gs.
Who does the dishes? Both. The deal is, if I do breakfast and lunch, he'll do the dinner dishes.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? What do you consider the right side of the bed? I sleep on the side with the alarm clock, and I am in charge of rousing the troops.
Who cooks dinner? Whoever feels the hungriest. :) We're pretty good at taking turns.

Who is more stubborn? Here it is, all my personality defaults revealed: I am totally stubborn. Sometimes I pretend I am not stubborn and do it my way anyway.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? I'd like to copy Robyn here: I am NEVER wrong. Especially in matters of dimensionality and measurements.
Whose parents do you see the most? My mom won't believe this, but my parents. Although we live close to both and get a healthy dose of both families.
Who has more friends? Is this some sort of contest?
Who has more siblings? Mike wins this one with two brothers and three sisters. I have one brother and two sisters.
Who wears the pants in the family? I like pants, but sometimes I wear dresses.
Now if you want to be tagged, I tag you.

7 comments:

Em Russ said...

have I mentioned that I think your funny? Maybe it's getting old, but I can't stop saying it. The good thing is, that Mike is one of the funniest people I know. LOTS of the laughing I did in Jr. High and High school was a result of Mike. You two are perfect for each other! I have to say 2 things about your post though. I love that when he said he loved you you said "oh why?" Hilarious. And, I have to confess that we are also addicted to Smallville. LOVE that show!

kristi lou said...

Hey. I am more experienced and more mature than Nate by a whole 3 months.

Yes, I'm sure you were aching to know.

Hollyween said...

SO cute to learn more about Mike. Have I ever met him? Maybe at your wedding?

I love all your answers. And that picture is to die for. Your expression is so cute!
Oh, and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. SO NICE!

Cassie said...

Look how cute you skinnies are! Little miss track runner. You were amazing. Congrats on 6!

Unknown said...

That was fun but I laughed the most with Kenzie repeating "I just can't handle this!"

The Girardo Family said...

You guys are awesome! I have to admiy, as well, that I am addicted to Smallville. My problem is that I only have the first 3 seasons, so I don't want to start them and not be able to finish. Geek, I know!

Heidi said...

That was really fun to read...you guys are so great!