Monday, May 10, 2010

Holding Pattern

I'm posting over at Mormon Mommy Blogs today:

"We waited. With engines turned off, the central air on the plane stopped working. I began to sweat. I knew no one, and spoke only a few words of the language. I had known my study abroad in Costa Rica would be an adventure. But now, stuck on the tarmac in Panama, waiting out a lightning storm, my anticipation was tempered with worry. How would I find my host family? What would Costa Rica be like? Would I be safe running alone there? What time would we arrive? Could I learn the language?



Waiting multiplied my worries. I brushed my bangs back into my headband, wiped the sweat beads from my brow and tried to smile as the plane sat on the tarmac."

READ MORE
 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I went to Costa Rica on study abroad too. So crazy! We'll have to compare stories.

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

I loved this post on MMB.

Em Russ said...

loved this post Steph. Story of my life too! (and YES YES YES I totally think there is such thing as prepartum depression!!)