Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trip to visit Matt and Heidi

When Mike and I first met, Matt and Heidi were newlyweds living in downtown Ogden. We loved going to their apartment and snuggling in their papasan chair. Now Matt and Heidi live far far away and we only get to see them about once a year when they come to visit family in Idaho. We were so lucky that Matt's sister was getting married so we could sneak in a visit.

On Thursday when Matt and Heidi were in town we had a bbq with them and some other friends at Mike's parent's house.

Then on Saturday I, Mike, Kenzie and Hannah took my parent's Astrovan! (we borrowed it so Alisha could ride with us to visit her in-laws) and headed across the border to attend Matt's sister Celeste's wedding reception and then hangout for a couple days.
We love the Russells and were so happy to get to visit with them for a few days!

Trip Highlights:
Eating Charlotte's delicious meals


Petting a baby goat in the Russell's backyard. That's Sarah's little girl, Abigail in the middle and that's Matt's head.


Feeding the Russell's cows. The girls also got to collect eggs from the chickens and see their dogs and bunnies.


After a day on the farm a girl has to freshen up, so Erin painted all the girls' toenails. The world almost ended when I accidentally smudged one of the hearts on Hannah's toe. Luckily Erin fixed it up and Hannah was able to go on.

Our hotel ended up having no hot water, so we never went swimming, but we did manage to crowd all the girls into Randy and Charlotte's bathtub.


One of my favorite things about the trip was watching the girls play together. Hannah, Kenzie, Abigail and Paige loved playing football. When Matt came out and played with them they spent the whole afternoon laughing and running. It was also fun to watch how joyful Matt and Heidi are in their parenting. They have lots of fun with their kids and are always laughing.

We had a good time just hanging out and catching up.


On our last day there Melissa (taking the picture) took the guys rappelling and rock climbing. They had a great time. That night (Tuesday) we loaded up and headed home, only stopping three times in three hours for potty breaks (for me).

And in other news, I am still pregnant.

1 comment:

Em Russ said...

awww, I seriously can't even tell you how jealous I am right now. LOVE those Russells! Just seeing a picture of Randy in the background made me miss that whole clan... ohhh, so jealous!!

p.s. I haven't emailed you back yet because things are crazy here... but I'm ON for the Segullah thing. I'll be in touch!