Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Notes from the Underground

Ohhhh! Nothing melts my heart like Hannah hugging her blanket and sucking her thumb. It is so sweet when she settles down with her blankie and thumb. Yes, she sucks her thumb. Yes, I am prepared for horrible dentist bills and social outcast status. But hey, I figure even without the "bane" of thumb-sucking I might have to prepare my children for bad teeth and being the brunt of jokes. I never sucked my thumb and I wasn't exactly an All-american smile popularity queen. (Just ask my mom how many thousands of dollars she sank into my mouth. We're talking major surgery here.)

Mckenzie is already proving impossible to break of the habit. We told her her thumb would fall off if she didn't stop sucking it. This makes her very upset, but does no good. I guess we will just have to wait for it to fall off. Because we don't lie to our children.

3 comments:

Hollyween said...

That is irresistable. Faith eats her blanket and my heart melts the same way. One day that blanket sucking is going to smell bad and irritate me. But now? LOVE IT.

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

Oh I could just eat her up!! (and Kenzie too). I hope my little girl is as cute as what you Chambers girls are having. Tough competition.

Sherrie said...

I love that you don't lie to your children. My papa had 2 fingers cut off in a sawdust making machine when he was 20 something. We have used his fingers to try to stop sucking and picking to no avail.