Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Going Green (or running out of it)


In the interest of saving trees (and honestly, saving money) Here is our Christmas Card. We wish you all a Merry Christmas, and hope that you are happy and well.

Mike and I have a budget. Really, we do. And I do all the spending. Except every once in awhile when Mike makes very large purchases.
So last week I started thinking that maybe our spending was a bit overboard, and I tallied up figures and receipts and lo and behold, Christmas is over. I had a few plans to buy some more presents for the girls and Mike, but we are done. We have to be done. And that's okay. We have plenty. But I am a little sad that I don't get to send this card out.
One of my friends says that she opens a dedicated savings in November and then puts $25 in each paycheck to save for Christmas. This is a marvelous plan. What do you do to avoid the Christmas crunch?

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I was just thinking about you! I saw your comment somwhere else, and I realized that I hadn't heard from you in a while.

And then I realized you posted like a day ago, and I am an idiot.

Anyway, I just spent like $25 a the post office this morning. I need to maybe start prostituting myself for some extra cash.

Melissa said...

Steph your Christmas card is so cute. I think it is good to go green!! Merry Christmas. I also posted some pictures from Joy school. Enjoy them and please copy them if you want. I don't have any copyright laws.

Cris Pebley said...

Steph, I love your card. Is it professionally done? Did you get the copyright to post it on the internet because I heard you can go to jail for 10 years if you don't have it...Merry Christmas!

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

We love the card.. would i be messing things up if I printed it to put on our fridge? Trevor never gets on the blogs! ( you like how I said "we" love it then confessed I am reading this by myself... i always do that!)

Anonymous said...

How come the picture on your blog and the picture on your Christmas card look soooo much alike? Just wondering. We used to send Christmas cards, but gave that idea up a long time ago. We will tell you Merry Christmas in person, okay? Love you. GB

Lisa Kearl said...

Way cute card Steph! I wish I would of thought about doing that.

Hollie said...

I save extra Christmas cash by monitoring every purchase (which is like 5) Brent makes all year and say, "Too bad you bought that, I was going to get it for you for Chirstmas." That way it sets his expectations very low (and he feels guilty for buying 5 things). Then he is pleasantly surprised when he gets new underwear and a lifesaver book on Christmas morning.
By the way, your Christmas card making skils are excellent.

ROBYN -N- KEVIN said...

I don't buy presents!!! Is that a good way of avoiding the Christmas Crunch? I buy Kevin a big gift, and he buys me one (ok we actually each just buy what we want) and then voila... No Crunch!