Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a Never Ending Birthday!

I hope that when you read that title you started singing and thought about extremely large flying dogs. If not, I'm sorry for you.
*As a complete sidenote here, Mike and I recently re-watched "Never Ending Story." Oh! Sad little graphics and poor little story line. I have vowed never to re-watch cherished childhood movies. It destroys the memories. Now, on to the post:

Kenzie turned 5 this month and got to celebrate a never-ending birthday!  My favorite quote from her, "Mom I don't want to go to kindergarten! I don't want to go!" This quickly escalates into tears and thrashing.

She's worried about the 'every day!' thing and the 'I won't get to eat lunch with you' thing (not true. I still have to fix her lunch that she will refuse to eat until coerced), and she may be worried because I mentioned that she had to get kindergarten shots. I should have called them "Disney Princess Shots, Especially Ariel." Then maybe she would hate Ariel as much as she hates the idea of kindergarten.  Anyway, she's excited to be older, but not so thrilled about the idea of school next year.

Here is how we celebrated her birthday:

 
First, we had a tea party at my parent's house (due to the fact that two family members and one almost family member are allergic to The Cat).

 
We don't really drink tea, but we did have "pink frothy delight." (Pink sherbet in cherry 7-up, mmm.) I hope Kenzie understands how much I love her--I put it in a punch bowl.  Sophie and Aunt Alisha came, Aunt Shaelynn and her boyfriend!!! Ali and my parents. It was delightful. Kenzie was spoiled with hair things and make up from Sophie, a baby Ariel doll (Booo! Hiss!) from Aunt Shaelynn, new clothes, Polly Pockets and  jewelry box from her Grandparents, and Ali forever won her heart with a Tinkerbell fairy doll and make-up set. (let it be noted that he color coordinated the gift bag to match his present.)

 
That night, the Grandparents C, Aunt Laurie and Uncle Jared, Aunt Stacie, Uncle Josh and Aunt Sherrie, Kandelyn, Koy and Jenna came over for cupcakes. The numerous amount of candles is for me too, since we celebrated my b-day too. Kenzie was even more spoiled with ring pops and a new Fancy Nancy book from Kandelyn and co. and a new Cinderella doll and a school scrapbook from her Grandma and Grandpa. 

On her real birthday, we were at Disneyland. We didn't take her there for her birthday, it just so happened that the best days to go for us were over her birthday. We went with Dave and Summer and had a marvelous time. That pink princess cup is from them.  See this cake? The hotel left it in our room when we mentioned to the front desk that it was her birthday. Wow. I'm going to link to the Anaheim Residence Inn Marriott, because I'm sure after reading about this cake, you will want to plan to stay there.

I had planned to take her bday presents with us and have her open them there, but they were forgotten (notice how I am using passive tense to suggest that really, it wasn't my fault). So. . .

When we got home she opened her new Book of Mormon and scripture case! She's wanted one so she can sing "Scripture Power" in Primary. Because apparently, you can't sing it unless you thrust a Book of Mormon into the air during the chorus. We tried to find a tiny bible, but have yet to find one the same size. When we do we'll add it to her collection.

Now that I've written all this, I feel excessive and exhausted. I'm going to have to come up with a better strategy for birthdays and parties, something like only celebrating birthdays every 5 years. :)





Kenzie's Birthday Scrapblog Link

1 comment:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Cute! Looks like you guys had a blast!
I just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my MMB post. For some reason I was so worried it would be taken wrong and I'd have an angry mob after me!